Since September 1st 2012 our school has been known as Wareham St Mary Primary School. Previously it was The Lady St Mary First School. We continue to be a Church of England Voluntary Controlled school and maintain our strong links with The Lady St Mary Parish Church.
‘Learning today for the world of tomorrow’
Schools aims –
- To build a school community based on Christian principles that respects the rights and responsibilities of every child;
- To ensure a high quality environment for learning that is vibrant, motivating, healthy, happy, safe and secure;
- To promote a curriculum that offers challenge, raises achievement, encourages imagination and creativity and provides opportunities for building self-esteem, fostering independence and self-discipline;
- To help each member of the school community to work towards fulfilling their potential, intellectually, physically, emotionally and spiritually;
- To celebrate personal effort and achievement both of self and others.
Wareham St Mary Primary School is a purpose-built, spacious, modern, bright, single storey building, designed with children in mind.
The generous facilities to provide a range of places and opportunities for learning including a good sized hall, library / additional learning room, courtyard learning zone and playground classrooms.
Wareham St Mary Primary School also offers facilities for the disabled.
The school grounds are being developed to ensure that the outside learning space available is used to its’ maximum potential. We aim to provide designated areas for play to cater for the interests and needs of all children while ensuring that our grounds provide appropriate opportunities for teaching the PE and Outdoor Education Curriculum. We have a school allotment area and ‘secret’ garden which is a base for wildlife studies.